Monday, June 9, 2008

I forgot how had multimodal composing is . ..

Or just never noticed. Every multimodal thing I have done has always been over the span of a few weeks. Here I really didn't have a project till Friday. I worked on it all weekend. I mean ALL weekend. I pried myself away from my computer and went to bed last night at 1:00am and got up this morning at 5:45 and started working on it.

I started story boarding and writing on Thursday. I finished drafting on Friday. I kept revising through Saturday but started recording the audio. It took me all day Saturday to get the audio in and read right (UGH, there is a reason I didn't go into radio. I can't believe I used to be an actor) then spent all of Sunday and half of today illustrating the whole thing. Around 3:00 I tried to compile the project into flash but I a) couldn't get the sound to look right and b) once with some help, I figured out what was going on I was already too tired and frustrated to proceed. It could get finished tonight but Adobe has suspended its trials till July 1st apparently in an effort to screw me. Right now, I have an audiotrack and some slides that I am going to try and make work in iMovie.
*sigh*
Doing all this in this short a time really points out how much work all of this is. I have written papers in less time.

1 comment:

J. James Bono said...

I love that you couldn't get the sound to look right. We're all suffering from a little Synaesthesia these days.